indicates a required field.
Please provide your guidance counselor with adequate time to prepare your transcripts.
Supporting documentation that is not attached can be mailed or dropped off to the GOTCC at our office inside the Board of Education building at 163 Monmouth Road, Oakhurst.
The GOTCC’s mission is to help defray college expenses for well-rounded college-bound students who have excelled in areas beyond academics including extra curricular activities (both school related and external activities) and their involvment and support of our local community
NOTE: To be considered, all requirements must be met and instructions followed, including your transcript attached to this application. Please work with your school guidance counselor.
- Applicant must be a high school senior and either live in the Township of Ocean or surrounding towns including Eatontown, Neptune, Asbury Park and Tinton Falls (Monmouth County) regardless which high school you attend or be the child or grandchild of a GOTCC member-in-good-standing.
- You MUST INCLUDE your high school transcript and 2 teacher/principal letters of recommendation. (Either attach to this form (preferred) or email to GOTCC@GOTCC.org with your Student ID as the subject line OR mail to the office address above also referencing your student ID)
- All sections must be completed unless they do not apply.
- All applications must be completed electronically.
- Resumes and bios will not be accepted.
- Please be specific with your Community Service. Please include organization, number of hours you worked, what you did and for what length of time. If it is a 1-day event, please note that on the application.
- Winners agree to have their picture and name posted in the media (print and/or online).
If you are NOT A RESIDENT OF TOWNS LISTED ABOVE, a parent MUST work for a business that is a local member of the GOTCC. Please indicate your parent’s name, employer and the business location.
This section is not for PAID positions. PLEASE BE SPECIFIC. This page is very important. Please provide total hours volunteered at each organization. Volunteering for municipalities, religious organizations, etc. is fine
Total Hours Worked
except 1 day events
Please be specific
(i.e., worked at Wegmans 10/wk for 3 years as a cashier, had a paid internship at Monmouth Medical Center 15 hours/wk for 8 months; OTHS Peer Leadership Award 2020 and 2021; 2022 Student Mayor for a Day Township of Ocean; OTHS Student Government Secretary 2020, Treasurer 2021, VP 2022, President 2019). Please note: Community Service should be entered in the previous section.
Essay/Video (Stand out from your Peers)
Please tell us about yourself, addressing the following topics, not to exceed 500 words:
- What obstacles you have overcome and how you feel they will help you in the future.
- What are your dreams for the future and how you hope to achieve them?
- What makes you stand out from the pack?
Word Count: 0
Optional: Please a link to a video describing what getting this scholarship would mean to you how it would help you in your next endeavor. Limit videos to not longer than 2 minutes.
I certify that the statements contained in this application are correct to the best of my knowledge and have been completed by me.